Reval Mini

Reval Mini Description

The Reval Mini is a kayak brought to you by Tahe Marine. Read Reval Mini reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Tahe Marine
Reval Mini Reviews

Read reviews for the Reval Mini by Tahe Marine as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I acquired my Tahe Marine...

I acquired my Tahe Marine Reval Mini C (Carbon, regular cockpit, 15'10", 20.5" beam) this summer and have found it to be an exciting and responsive boat to paddle. I classify myself as an "intermediate" paddler and at 5'9" am at the top-end of the height/weight class for this particular boat. The Mini is perhaps best suited to a "smaller" paddler but works well for someone of my height/weight.

Construction: excellent, very nicely finished, hatches and deck rigging nicely appointed. Seat comfortable.
Features: skeg and rudder, both work smoothly.
Handling: this is the area where this boat excels.

It is a fitted boat with not a lot of extra room in the seat/cockpit area but this means it responds well to body movement. It edges easily and responds to paddle strokes instantly. Some might describe this boat as feeling "tippy" when you first get in, however if you spend a few days playing with it your body adjusts to the boat's responsiveness. I liken this boat to a little trick pony! She turns and wants to jump!

I recommend this boat to intermediate paddlers who want to improve their skills or to advanced paddlers who can really work this boat. It is primarily a day adventure/short trip boat and storage is too minimal for long trips.
Ladies take note: A super feature of the boat - you can lift it with ONE HAND! The carbon layup is fantastic.

Thanks to Tahe for such a great boat.