Saranac 15 Description

The Saranac 15 design follows the traditions of its predecessors by utilizing the same distinctive style and shape, but offers more space under the deck for larger paddlers and an increased waterline for better glide. It accelerates with ease and maintains speed with minimal effort, making it the easy choice for adventurous paddlers or those who need a little more leg room.

Saranac 15 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Saranac 15.

Saranac 15 Specifications

• Length: 15'
  • Width: 24"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 33.00 × 17.50"
  • Primary Material: Kevlar/aramid Composite

S-glass and Kevlar cloth sandwiching marine foam core. Laminate fused with Epoxy Vinylester Resin.

Saranac 15 Features

• Perimeter Deck Lines
  • Comfort Side Pads
  • Adjustable Foot Braces

• Activity Type: Touring
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip, 2-3 Day Trip
  • Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Saranac 15

Swift Canoe & Kayak
Saranac 15 Reviews

Read reviews for the Saranac 15 by Swift Canoe & Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I am very pleased with my...

I am very pleased with my recent purchase of Swift's Saranac 15 footer. Owning a few other kayaks and paddling several others over the years, I have gotten a sense of the different nuances a kayak can offer in the areas of stability (primary and secondary), tracking, rocker, chine, comfort, ease of entry, and many other things people tend to note when buying and using a particular boat. In all of those things mentioned I have found the Saranac to perform well above the 'average' and really think it excels in the area of tracking (without the skeg deployed) and stability.

As I have aged it has become more important for me to find a boat that is easy to get into and out of, lightweight, comfortable and efficient to paddle. The Saranac has met and exceeded my expectations and I look forward to keeping this boat in my 'fleet' a long time.

I bought the Saranac 15 LV...

I bought the Saranac 15 LV last summer because I am in my 60's now and suffer from arthritis. I needed something light. It is a Kevlar fusion and weighs 38 lbs. I use it for day trips. What is really important to me is that my body is not sore after a day of paddling because the boat is so comfortable and the seat is excellent. Although it has a skeg, I rarely use it.

I love this boat! It tracks well, and moves quickly and easily. I find it very responsive. I highly recommend this kayak!

Swift's Saranac 15LV is...

Swift's Saranac 15LV is light for it's size, tracks very well. Stable and comfortable. I find there is hardly a time I need to deploy the skeg. I'm just shy of six feet/180 pounds. The low volume model fits well. I'm comfortable in the kayak for hours in rivers and lakes. Handles Lake Ontario waves under normal weather conditions well.