Sweetwater 126

Sweetwater 126 Description

The Sweetwater 126 is the newest addition to the ever popular sit-on-top series from Hurricane. With a new hull design focused on maximizing stability in a seated, paddling or sight-casting position, the Sweetwater 126 delivers the performance, confidence and comfort necessary for a long day on the water. The Sweetwater 126 has impressive cruising speed and tracking, and its sharp bow lines slice through the water even in choppy conditions. Hurricane has taken this model to the next level of comfort and adjustability by installing a 1st Class Frame Seat featuring two height positions. This seat provides generous fit, uncompromised comfort, and excellent breathability. The seat can also be easily removed to lighten the craft for transport. The Sweetwater 126 is one of the lightest kayaks in its class, yet it is still fully featured from bow to stern with a 10” bow hinge-hatch, groove tracks with side handles, a 5 ½” day hatch behind the seat, paddle holder, water bottle holder and stern well bungee.

Available in Rudder Ready ($1,699) or With Rudder ($1,949)

Sweetwater 126 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Sweetwater 126 .

Sweetwater 126 Specifications

• Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
  • Console w/cup holder: Holds water bottle
  • Outfitting: 1st Class Frame Seat
  • Sealect Designs Footbrace system: Easy adjust pinch & pull
  • Molded Grab Handles on Bow, Stern and Sides: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage

• Activity Type: Recreation
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Sweetwater 126

Hurricane Kayaks
Sweetwater 126 Reviews

Read reviews for the Sweetwater 126 by Hurricane Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

For awhile I thought I was...

For awhile I thought I was going to have to give up Kayaking. At 72 getting in and out of my sit in kayak was getting harder and harder. My knees and back aren’t what they use to be. Don’t get me wrong. I had great kayaks, the eddyline sandpiper. Once I got in those and got settled I couldn’t ask for a better boat for me. It was agile, quick and and just fun to paddle. But, alas it was time for a change if I wanted to continue paddling. I visited my favorite kayak shop, Headwaters in Lodi, and they suggested trying a sit on top. After some time with the gang at Headwaters we decided that maybe I should try the Hurricane Sweetwater. I went out to Lodi lake to demo the Sweetwater. What a great boat. The aluminum framed seat helped entering and exiting the boat. Once on the boat it was such a joy. Comfortable. Easy to paddle especially in the wind. The Sweetwater is very agile and perfect for the kind of paddling, fishing and camping I want to do. It may not be as fast as my old boats but pretty close. At 33 inches in width it is very stable which I really need especially since I am known to fall in the water a lot. Storage is good even for multi day outings. After the demo I ordered two Sweetwaters for me and my wife. Hopefully, they will be here soon so we can get back on the water. By the way Lodi Lake in Lodi, CA is one of the great paddles in the area. From the Lake you can head up the Mokelumne River and see a variety of nature and wild life.

first of all I am a novice...

first of all I am a novice kayaker at best. I am 6' 5" so not a small guy decided on this kayak for its weight capacity of 325 lbs as well as it being lightweight. (coming in at just over 50 lbs). I have had troubles in the past with sit on tops not being stable enough due to my size. this kayak was a dream. Tracked well in the water and extremely stable. I was able to put put in my SUV as well as carry to shoreline myself with no problems. I have not stood up in it at this time but plan to do so as this kayak allows you to be able to do so. There is even areas for your feet. I just got back home and I want to go back out and go again. I am not an expert on kayaks but personally I do not think that you will go wrong with this kayak.