Stratos 12.5 L

Weight (lb)
$1,249
MSRP

Stratos 12.5 L Description

The Stratos 12.5 L is a kayak brought to you by Dagger. Read Stratos 12.5 L reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Stratos 12.5 L Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Stratos 12.5 L.

Dagger
Stratos 12.5 L Reviews

Read reviews for the Stratos 12.5 L by Dagger as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I’m giving this kayak a solid…

Submitted by: paddler543837 on 7/10/2020
I’m giving this kayak a solid four star rating. This kayak has lots of pros and a few cons . On the positive side this yak is clearly made to take some punishment. It invites play and it’s definitely a yak you can grow your skills in . For a size comparison I’m 6’5” and weigh around 212 lbs . I wear a size 13 shoe . The adjustable/ sliding wall behind the bow bulkhead is a really great feature. Instead of foot pegs your entire foot can rest against the wall and this gives additional contact control and helps in preforming leaned turns . I’m very confident a person who is about 6’”8 or maybe even 6’9” with a size 15 shoe can fit in the cockpit but it’s already a very “ snug “ fit for me after I removed the hip pads and I keep them behind the seat . The drop skeg is required when trying to maintain tracking otherwise it fishtails a bit . There’s enough rocker built in to really encourage you play in this yak and the secondary stability allows for quite a bit of leaning before it’s past the tipping point. I’ve taken my Stratos out in three torrential downpours and so far the hatches are keeping my belongings dry . On the downside, this yak weighs in at 53 lbs so it’s not light and I usually am solo loading and unloading and the balance seems off while shoulder carrying. The worst thing about this yak for me is the seat or actually it’s the complete lack of back support. The seat itself is ok , not super comfortable but it’s good for a four hour trip . Every time I take my Stratos out my back hurts afterwards. There’s just no back support. If I can work something into the seat back and improve that than this would be a really great yak . Btw I’m also the owner of sandpiper 130 and a riot Edge 11 and their seats are far far more comfortable.