Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14)

• 23.6" Width
  • 36.4 Weight (lbs)

Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) Description

Unlike other boats of this length, the S14 has the speed of a much longer boat, but beginners can feel comfortable paddling it. A large hatch in the stern allows for ample storage for day and overnight trips, while the retractable skeg in the stern helps with tracking. Its short length and light weight make it ideal for those who want a high performance boat, but are short on storage space or frequently car-top their boat.

Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14).

Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) Specifications

• Weight: 36.4 lbs
  • Length: 14' 3"
  • Width: 23.6"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 32.70 × 17.20"
  • Primary Material: Fiberglass Composite

Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures.

Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) Features

• Cockpit Type: Sit Inside
  • Hull Shape: V-Bottom
  • Chine: Soft
  • Storage: Bow Hatch, Stern Hatch

• Activity Type: Recreation, Touring
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14)

Stellar Kayaks and Surfskis
Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) Reviews

Read reviews for the Stellar 14' Touring Kayak (S14) by Stellar Kayaks and Surfskis as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This Stellar S-14...

This Stellar S-14 (Advantage layup) kayak is my first made of fiberglass/composite. I'd previously owned/paddled an Ocean Kayak rotomolded boat and an Eddyline Sandpiper. The Stellar is my favorite of the three by far. Here's why... First, this boat is light enough for me to place on my vehicle and paddle 3-7 times per week. Weighing in at just 36 lbs., I can easily transport it on my Toyota Landcruiser (Hullevator rack) or Honda Accord (Yakima/Thule SUP Taxi rack). Second, the combination of lightness and stiffness makes it a very nimble, responsive, and quick boat. With the drop-down skeg all the way up, the boat is quite playful; with it all the way down it tracks straight, even in wind and waves. Positioned in between, you can fine tune the skeg depth to get the best of both characteristics. And while this kayak comes pre-fitted for a rudder, I doubt that I'll ever need one. Now for aesthetics: this is a very beautiful kayak. The fit and finish is excellent. And so far the gelcoat appears to be quite durable. Mine is brilliant red, with grey accent stripe down the middle. Now for two caveats: The boat is a bit narrow, at 23 1/2", so for some it may feel unstable when getting into and out of the boat, especially at a dock. But once you are settled down into the cockpit, and start to paddle, the stability of the boat is excellent. Because of the materials used in its construction, it is not ideal to launch or retrieve from gravely shallows, unless you don't mind scratching the slick hull. I do mind, so when I launch from a bank, I do so in water deep enough to float the boat with our the hull scraping the bottom. I paddle in lakes and coastal bays. For those environments, this boat is completely satisfying: easy to transport, fast, lively, and a whole lot of fun. Note: I originally posted this review anonymously, but wanted to edit slightly. Sorry for the duplication...

This Stellar S-14...

This Stellar S-14 (Advantage layup) kayak is my first made of fiberglass/composite. I'd previously owned/paddled an Ocean Kayak rotomolded boat and an Eddyline Sandpiper. The Stellar is my favorite of the three by far. Here's why... First, this boat is light enough for me to place on my vehicle and paddle 3-7 times per week. Weighing in at just 36 lbs., I can easily transport it on my Toyota Landcruiser (Hullevator rack) or Honda Accord (Yakima/Thule SUP Taxi rack). Second, the combination of lightness and stiffness makes it a very nimble, responsive, and quick boat. With the drop-down skeg all the way up, the boat is quite playful; with it all the way down it tracks straight, even in mid and waves. Positioned in between, you can fine tune the skeg depth to get the best of both characteristics. And while this kayak comes pre-fitted for a rudder, I doubt that I'll ever need one. Now for aesthetics: this is a very beautiful kayak. The fit and finish is excellent. And so far the gelcoat appears to be quite durable. Mine is brilliant red, with grey accent stripe down the middle. Now for two caveats: The boat is a bit narrow, at 23 1/2", so for some it may feel unstable when getting into and out of the boat, especially at a dock. But once you are settled down into the cockpit, and start to paddle, the stability of the boat is excellent.
Because of the materials used in its construction, it is not ideal to launch or retrieve from gravely shallows, unless you don't mind scratching the slick hull. I do mind, so when I launch from a bank, I do so in water deep enough to float the boat with our the hull contacting the bottom. I paddle in lakes and coastal bays. For those environments, this boat is completely satisfying: easy to transport, fast, lively, and a whole lot of fun.