Skimmer 116 Ultimate

• 30.5" Width

Skimmer 116 Ultimate Description

The popular Skimmer 116 has given birth to a new design for the 2017 season - the Skimmer 116 Ultimate with frame seat. By pairing Hurricane's lightest sit-on-top with Native’s industry-leading First Class frame seat, Hurricane has created a super stable, super comfy platform for cruising, fishing, bird watching, and simply having a blast on the water. The Skimmer 116's touring style hull and Trylon construction allow it to easily outpace other kayaks in its class, while the First Class seat keeps your thighs feeling fresh after a day on the water. This new 11 ½-footer is full-featured from bow to stern with comfortable grab handles, 10-inch bow hinge hatch, two 5 ½-inch day hatches, a paddle holder, water bottle holder, and stern well bungee. Best of all, it only weighs 42 lbs, and that's with the seat installed. Take the seat out and loading is that much nicer! Enlighten yourself and pick up a Hurricane!

Skimmer 116 Ultimate Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Skimmer 116 Ultimate.

Skimmer 116 Ultimate Specifications

• Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
  • Console w/cup holder: Holds water bottle & provides mounting for angler kit
  • Outfitting: AireStream seatback and new Skimmer Cushpad
  • Sealect Designs Footbrace system: Easy adjust pinch & pull
  • Molded Grab Handles on Bow, Stern and Sides: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage
  • Stern Drain Plug: Simple hull drainage
  • Optional DLX Angler Package: Allows you to easily outfit your kayak with a variety of angler accessories

• Activity Type: Recreation
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Skimmer 116 Ultimate

Hurricane Kayaks
Skimmer 116 Ultimate Reviews

Read reviews for the Skimmer 116 Ultimate by Hurricane Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I've used this kayak for...

I've used this kayak for about 100 hours since mid May 2018, and I absolutely LOVE how it skims across the water, it has zero surface friction, plenty of deck space and storage.. It's beautiful, sleek and I too get tons of questions and compliments. I like how lightweight it is, I can portage, load and unload it myself.

This kayak is perfect....EXCEPT for the "first class seat". Yes, it's comfortable, yes, it's adjustable, yes it's breathable, yes it's sturdy and can be used as a beach chair. Unfortunately, it renders the kayak so tippy that anything other than flat water is treacherous. Each wave on an average day on Lake Champlain must be seriously negotiated. I've had to straddle the craft with my legs dragging in the water to avoid being capsized, one time for over 2 hours. This was not in the broad lake, but in bays. What has SAVED this kayak for me, is removing the seat and using a standard stadium seat along with The Purple cushion. It's not ideal, and I'm sorely disappointed in the seat, but at least the kayak itself is superb.

The other kind of odd thing is the location of the cup holder. Even when using the first class seat, the cup holder is down around my ankles, and the mid deck cargo storage is where I would locate the beverage holder.

If I had to choose again, I would definitely purchase the skimmer again, but would select the regular Skimmer 116 without this seat.

Happy paddling everyone!

Nothing but AWESOME!! ...

Nothing but AWESOME!! Hurricane gave me unbelievably fast support in finding a dealer who would order me a Mango Orange Ultimate. Great company to deal....about the Ultimate: Very light with right amount of handles for a one person trip. Yak tracks straight and the seat is super comfortable for those all day trips! I get compliments on the kayak every time I go out. Although I have never taking out the basic skimmer 116 I recommend throwing in the extra money for the ultimate for the seat .... you will not regret.