• 22.3" Width

Sisu LV Description

The second collaboration between Danish designer Jesper Kromann-Andersen and Current Designs brings the Sisu . Slightly wider and shorter than its predecessor the Prana, the Sisu is more nimble and maneuverable as well. The Sisu excels in rock gardens, tide races, wave faces and tours with ease. This exciting kayak is also extremely user friendly for aspiring paddlers to rapidly develop skills and elevate performance. Available in fiberglass and Kevlar composite constructions with exceptional outfitting throughout.

Sisu LV Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Sisu LV.

Sisu LV Specifications

• Length: 16'
  • Width: 22.3"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 32.00 × 16.50"
  • Deck Height: 12"

• Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Sisu LV

Current Designs Kayaks
Sisu LV Reviews

Read reviews for the Sisu LV by Current Designs Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I had the very pleasant...

I had the very pleasant experience of spending a couple days paddling a Sisu LV. The boat was light feeling for its size and nicely finished. It had good and comfortable outfitting with confidence inspiring primary and especially secondary stability. While it turns well with minimal edging, its really maneuverable when additional edging is initiated. Tracking was pretty good for a boat this maneuverable. The skeg was effective when needed. I really enjoyed paddling the boat and would be stoked to have one. The only reason I rated it below 5 stars was the sizing. I am not an LV sized guy and it fit perfectly with a nice low back deck. For reference I was larger at the time at 5'10" and 230lbs when I paddled it and it was plenty big for me. Hopefully there is an extra LV for the petite amongst us.

I upgraded to this kayak...

I upgraded to this kayak after getting started in plastic kayaks and searching for a nicer boat to upgrade to. I'm glad I found the Sisu -- it has nice initial stability, leans well, and feels really maneuverable, yet still tracks fine. It also seems like a fast boat when I'm out paddling other people, though I don't have any empirical evidence of that. I have size 13 feet and sometimes struggle finding something I'll fit in OK, and the Sisu LV has just enough room for my feet with water shoes on. Looking back, I'd rather have the non-LV to get just a tiny bit extra space. I've camped overnight, and had tons of space for gear, even in the LV. The front day hatch in front of the cockpit is really nice and convenient too.