Passat G3 Description

The Passat G3 is a kayak brought to you by Seaward Kayaks. Read Passat G3 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Seaward Kayaks
Passat G3 Reviews

Read reviews for the Passat G3 by Seaward Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I and my wife (in our mid...

I and my wife (in our mid 50's), some times with our dog, need a kayak that is fast, light, stable and more importantly portable, so the tandem can be transported on top of my minivan over long distances, stored in my 2 car garage and loaded & unloaded by myself. The problem is that no such a kayak on the market, well that is correct until I convinced Mr. Steven Ree, the president of Seaward Kayaks, to custom built one for me. After multiple phone call and email exchanges, Steven decided that a modified carbon fiber Passat G3 XLC will fit my requirements. The time was tight and technical challenge was high, and he had no time to make any mistake. In the end, he made a beautiful tandem kayak, did not have time to test in the water and it arrived 4 days before my departure. Except some minor leaking and some not so smooth cuts (very difficult with carbon fiber). it was a great success. the boat met and surpassed all my expectation. Big Thanks to Steven and his team!

While paddling on Cliff...

While paddling on Cliff Lake in Montana, two separate boaters yelled out- Nice Boat! Of course we had our Australian Shepherd in her own center cockpit, a big reason for a tandem. The stability, quality accessories like rudder pedals, seat and adjustment options, cowling covers and rigging features make this an incredible paddling experience. Additionally, the staff is readily available to provide assistance for parts and suggestions to repair any damage that occasionally occurs on trips.

Once you get over the initial price, the craftsmanship, quality materials and overall finish is worth the initial cost.