This Product Has Been Discontinued

NightQuest Deck Compass Description

NightQuest Deck Compass Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the NightQuest Deck Compass.

Seattle Sports
NightQuest Deck Compass Reviews

Read reviews for the NightQuest Deck Compass by Seattle Sports as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

NightQuest Deck Compass

As I am at a mid range kayak…

As I am at a mid range kayak (P&H Cappella) in my paddling I didn't want to install a permanent compass yet. The Seattle Sports NightQuest Deck Compass is a great compass and performs professional and flawlessly. It gives a great bang for the buck. Because it is portable my wife and I can exchange from my boats to hers for are navigation training for Canadain kayak certification.

The only one downfall to this compass is the battery for night navigation. It is a specialty battery and can only be bought online. It is pricey at 15$ plus shipping plus taxes. But all in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this compass to any one who asked.

NightQuest Deck Compass

I was skeptical, but based on…

I was skeptical, but based on a positive review, I bought this compass. I love this thing!
Let me first say that I probably have 2 or 3 Suunto 'Orcas' laying around that I have happily used for years. This compass is WAY better than the Orca in just about every way... and it's $10 less. It has both a bungee tie down and a big suction cup for a secure fit. It does stand a little taller than the Orca, so it is a little more prone to getting knocked around. However, the taller stance is a real unexpected plus. You can mount it a little closer to the cockpit for easy reading without it becoming hidden behind your deck-top bag, etc.

The text is much larger and clearer than the Orca. It also includes N, E, W, S and even NE, SW, NW and SE text... much easier and quicker to read and get your bearings. It also has a built-in light and sensor that, when activated, comes on automatically when it gets dark and goes off when it gets light. It's a great compass for a great price.