Prospector 15

Prospector 15 Description

The Prospector 15 is a canoe brought to you by Scott Canoe. Read Prospector 15 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you!

Scott Canoe
Prospector 15 Reviews

Read reviews for the Prospector 15 by Scott Canoe as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

We bought the fibreglass...

We bought the fibreglass version of this canoe in 2002 its seen a lot of use since then and held up very well, it's heavy for the portages, I really start to feel it on anything over a km. Nonetheless it has served us well on many trips up to a week long. Our family has grown in the last few years and we are finding the 15 ft. too small now, plus we have a better idea of what we want in a canoe now compared to when we bought this one. Our next canoe will be longer, asymmetrical and much lighter!! ... I can't ever see us getting rid of this one, it'll be good for day trips and fishing in the future I think.

I got this well used Scott...

I got this well used Scott canoe a few years back and love it. It tracks well (even with a plethora of patch work, some mine) and holds a lot of camping gear. I love how well it maneuvers and usually one of the fastest canoes on the lake. It's Kevlar, so fairly light and very easy to portage the Ink Lake portage in Algonquin or farther. Will keep patching her up and hand it down to my boys.