• $ 999 MSRP

Pungo 125 Description

The Pungo 125 is a kayak brought to you by Wilderness Systems. Read Pungo 125 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Wilderness Systems
Pungo 125 Reviews

Read reviews for the Pungo 125 by Wilderness Systems as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This review is for the...

This review is for the 2019 Pungo 125, which is the replacement for the Pungo140 I've been paddling for around 20 years, but mostly Sit On Tops for fishing(from11 to 15 feet). After a few recent surgeries I needed something lighter than my unwieldy SOT's, so I decided it was time to move to the Pungo 125. Thus far I'm not disappointed. Other than giving up some storage space, which I really didn't need, the Pungo 125 does EVERYTHING better. It's lighter of course. Speed wise it blows all but 15 foot SOT's out of the water, and is way more maneuverable than any SOT. Another perk is it is less affected by wind with the lower profile. It has extremely good glide for a boat in it's class, and tracks extremely well. I was a bit concerned about seating coming from lawn chair style high seats, but the Phase III seat is comfortable for hours. Although it isn't made for standing, at almost 49 years old, and 5'11 and 185, I can easily stand in it with confidence. If I could change anything I'd add a front bulkhead, and possibly make the deck pitch up a bit in the foot area for a little more toe clearance at various foot positions on braces(size 12 rubs a tad completely vertical). I'd recommend this to any paddler looking for an easy and quick sit inside, and to any freshwater or inshore fisherman who doesn't need to carry the kitchen sink, and who won't be in rough water.