Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo

• 29.5" Width

Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo Description

The Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo is a kayak brought to you by Point 65 Sweden. Read Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Point 65 Sweden
Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo Reviews

Read reviews for the Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo by Point 65 Sweden as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought a 3 unit tandem...

I bought a 3 unit tandem version in the UK for my wife and me to use - we are both over 70. The mid and rear sections did not fit together properly and when lifting the tandem, this joint 'broke' out, as someone else has reported on this forum. The straps had to be undone and the modules separated before allowing reassembly. I took issue with my UK suppliers, 'The Hubs', who did not want to know, but when pressed eventually passed it on to Richard Ohman of Point65. He willingly shipped out a new mid section from Sweden to the UK which has just arrived. Guess what - the problem is exactly the same! I queried the gap in the assembled hull between the 2 rear sections which is up to 15mm wide to be told that that is within 'the normal range' for this kayak! The front joint is fine in the tandem as is the single joint in the solo form. There is obviously a problem with the rear end of the middle section and its mating surface. A good idea in theory, but a pity that the execution of this has been so spoilt by bad design or manufacture.

Tequila! GTX Tandem/Solo