Sea Cruiser

Weight (lb)
$1,599
MSRP

Sea Cruiser Description

The Sea Cruiser is a kayak brought to you by Point 65 Sweden. Read Sea Cruiser reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Sea Cruiser Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Sea Cruiser.

Point 65 Sweden
Sea Cruiser Reviews

Read reviews for the Sea Cruiser by Point 65 Sweden as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought my sea cruiser new…

Submitted by: paddler423285 on 3/27/2018

I bought my sea cruiser new in 2015. I was looking for a kayak that would go straight, fast, and long without wearing me out. In this respect the boat lives up to its name.

The sea cruiser has a low profile and is excellent at staying on course no matter which way, or how hard, the wind is blowing. The low bow tends to plow straight through even small waves but the deck sheds the water quickly, and usually before it reaches me. It’s very stable and I’ve had no difficulty taking photos or even fishing.

The seat is comfortable but the air needs to be re-pumped every 30 minutes or so. This is done with three rubber hand squeeze pumps that have a tendency to hide within the spacious cockpit. The pumps also like to pop off and float away whenever I practice self-rescues. I have not yet managed a roll.

The skeg has been a challenge for me. I make a lot of sandy landings and the skeg gets stuck up with very little sand. The spring mechanism is not strong. Readjusting the skeg is a complicated process. The box for the skeg dial sometimes bothers me by pressing my knee. It leaked too but my dealer fixed that. I must say that Point 65 has been good about standing behind their product. I must also say that the boat also goes straight without the skeg down.

The rudder works fine as do the pedals. The sea cruiser does not turn on a dime, but if you like going straight it’s great. I bought it for distance kayaking. I’m not a strong paddler and this boat has allowed me to keep up with others on long days.