Martini GTX Solo / Tandem

Weight (lb)
$1,399
MSRP

Martini GTX Solo / Tandem Description

The Martini GTX Solo / Tandem is a kayak brought to you by Point 65 Sweden. Read Martini GTX Solo / Tandem reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Martini GTX Solo / Tandem Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Martini GTX Solo / Tandem.

Point 65 Sweden
Martini GTX Solo / Tandem Reviews

Read reviews for the Martini GTX Solo / Tandem by Point 65 Sweden as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I LOVE my Martini Point 65…

Submitted by: jjinmv on 9/4/2019

I LOVE my Martini Point 65 tandem kayak and the company is AWESOME! They are quick and responsive and I give them 5 stars for their products and customer service!

My first kayak! I’ve had the…

Submitted by: paddler368420 on 6/12/2019

My first kayak! I’ve had the solo for about 2 years and just sprung for a midsection to make it a tandem. Incredibly stable and fun. When the midsection is attached, its pedals (instead of the front section’s pedals) connect to the rudder. Pretty simple to snap together & pull apart IF you do it right and practice for a bit. I find it easiest to do when the pieces are already floating in the water. Spare yourself some stress and watch a YouTube video of somebody assembling/disassembling the thing before attempting it yourself. While the modular pieces of this kayak give you more options for storage, it’s not particularly lightweight. I read in some marketing piece that this kayak fits under a bed. LIES! A shed, garage, or deck crawlspace is more like it. I’m not sure the boat would fit in a sedan, but with the seats of my Honda Fit folded down, I can squeeze in all three pieces! I also own the cheaper, wider Point 65 Gemini Modular solo which is great for slow, old leisure-paddlers…but with its less-comfortable seatback and lack of cupholders, the Gemini is not nearly as nice as the Martini. Once in a while a Point 65 kayak pops up on Craigslist—may be worth buying secondhand or else be prepared to pay an extra $100 for freight shipping.