SpitFire 13 Description

The SpitFire 13 is a slightly larger version of our original 12-foot SpitFire. At 13' and 29" max beam, it can carry a bit more gear, dog, or person. Rock solid in weather and very efficient, this boat is fun on flatwater as well as moving water. Paddled with a single or double blade paddle, it can carry a week's worth of gear for your next backcountry pond-hopping adventure. Or, pop it off the car top and head out for an after work, evening paddle.

SpitFire 13 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the SpitFire 13.

SpitFire 13 Specifications

SpitFire 13 Features

• Hull Shape: Shallow Arch
  • Side Shape: Tumblehome

• Activity Type: Recreation
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip, 2-3 Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Placid Boatworks
SpitFire 13 Reviews

Read reviews for the SpitFire 13 by Placid Boatworks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

After looking and trying...

After looking and trying numerous small canoes to use for extended trips into the wilderness I bought a Spitfire 13. The 13 gives you a little extra room for storage compared to the smaller Spitfire. Made of a kevlar weave and carbon, it is a lightweight 20 lbs. meant for tripping on small ponds and rivers. As in any small canoe, the width is thin which means be careful getting in and out. Once in though, it is not tippy at all and is even more steady with a load. Turns nice and you can lean far over without a problem. I can finally keep up with kayaks without a problem. I found my pack canoe wide and slow... not this one. It is a very pretty boat and I still get compliments even after beating it up for 2 years; the white bottom helps hide scratches that happen. Use the kayak paddle and have fun

I have had my Spitfire 13...

I have had my Spitfire 13 (29") for two years now. It never fails to perform. I take it out in the ocean with kayakers in Brooklyn and on every lake and river I can find. I love that it responds like a kayak--just an extension of my body--but has all the benefits of a canoe. I use double and single blades depending on the situation. After 28 years of serious paddling (canoe and kayak) I'm very happy with this 23 lb baby. I can toss it on the CRV for a days paddle. At 64, 5'4" and 190 lbs it suits me, my service dog and gear just fine. Joe has always been accommodating and answers all my questions.