Pescador 13.0 T

Sunset
  • $ 729 MSRP

Pescador 13.0 T Description

The Pescador 13.0 T is a kayak brought to you by Perception. Read Pescador 13.0 T reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Perception
Pescador 13.0 T Reviews

Read reviews for the Pescador 13.0 T by Perception as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

My wife and I took this...

My wife and I took this out on Manatee Bay in Southwest Florida. For a tandem, it was surprising how stable this was, and the tracking was superb. I'm a Perception fanboy, I won't lie, but it's only because of all the kayaks I've paddled in, Perception kayaks have consistently blown the others out of the water, pun intended!

Smooth ride, great tracking. It's nice to not have to constantly paddle to steer. At 13', it's a great length for a shorter, affordable tandem!

This is a great Tandem...

This is a great Tandem Kayak. I have two Tandem Kayaks (the other is a Ocean Aegean). The Pescador is a lot more responsive in the water, in terms of agility and speed. You don't lose any stability for it either. I was skeptical about the rigidness of the seats, but have found them to be rather comfortable. The two dry compartments are helpful though you will need some method of securing whatever you put in there so that it does not roll, or slide away. I have used the kayak with my family, in fact, when just paddling close to shore, we've even had two adults (mid sized) and two small children (under 10)on it, comfortably. I would recommend this Kayak if you can find one.

As total neophytes, we set...

As total neophytes, we set out to find a stable tandem SOT kayak for our first. I weigh in at 270 pounds, and my wife...er' well we needed a kayak that could safely carry us and be easy to enter and exit. We set off to our local outfitter intent on buying a different model. Once there, he wisely steered us toward the Pescador with it's better handling and a few more features (two 6" hatches, built in seat backs).

We took the boat out over Labor Day weekend, and it met all our expectations. Three different sets of total newbies were able to safely and successfully maneuver the kayak and enjoy a peaceful paddle. This kayak presents excellent value for those interested in a safe and stable recreational tandem SOT.

Pescador 13.0 T