• MSRP

This Product Has Been Discontinued

Pulse 100X Description

Pulse 100X Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Pulse 100X.

Pelican International
Pulse 100X Reviews

Read reviews for the Pulse 100X by Pelican International as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I purchased 2 barely used...

I purchased 2 barely used (2yrs old) Pelican Pulse 100x kayaks for a decent price. My take on them:
  1. New on sale they are worth the cost. Used at reasonable price they are a super deal entry level kayak. They are decent enough to whet your appetite for more & better. I have never kayaked before. I am 60 and carrying extra weight. Not as nimble as I once was. These are easy for beginners. Reasonably tough. Hit a boulder on the Carp river. It bulged the bottom but was easy to knock back out. They mark up a bit from rough ground/ rocks etc but superficial marks.
  2. They are harder to paddle than better models (more$$) But I have gone 8 miles in them without wearing myself out.
  3. A half skirt would be nice to stay dry. Not bad in the summer but I plan to kayak up to freezing. My wife does not get as wet as I do. Perhaps the way I paddle. I use a greenland paddle.
  4. I am building 2 Baidarkas. plan to sell 1 pulse but keep one as well. Good for a guest that does not have a kayak and does not have experience.
Overall I am not sorry I purchased it. I would not have spent $1500.00 or more to buy a better grade as an entry level. I would still be on the beach!

Great beginner kayak. I...

Great beginner kayak. I found it on sale last summer. Not too heavy for 1 person to load/unload from roof of car. Great for paddling a few hours or a day. I haven't taken it out for longer than a few hours so not sure how it would perform when extra items are stored in it.