PakCanoe 165 Description

PakCanoe 165 is a smaller wilderness tripper. It works well for two moderate size paddlers and gear for 2 or 3 weeks. The 165 is narrower than the 170 and makes a nice expedition solo. Wider cross ribs can be installed for greater stability.

PakCanoe 165 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the PakCanoe 165.

PakCanoe 165 Specifications

PakCanoe 165 Features

• Structure: Folding
  • Hull Shape: V-Bottom
  • Side Shape: Tumblehome

• Inflatable sponsons are placed in the sides between skin and the aluminum frame.
  • 1/4" of closed cell foam on the inside of a very tough coated fabric.
  • Aluminum parts are all anodized to improve corrosion resistance and appearance.

• Activity Type: Recreation, Touring, Expedition, Whitewater
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II), Whitewater (Class III+)
  • Duration: Day Trip, 2-3 Day Trip, Extended Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child, Average Adult

Pakboats/ScanSport, Inc.
PakCanoe 165 Reviews

Read reviews for the PakCanoe 165 by Pakboats/ScanSport, Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have three kids under 10...

I have three kids under 10 and bought this canoe to use primarily as a kid hauler, for times when I am mostly without another adult. I also live in Europe where we have super public transport. Armed with a folding cart, I can transport, canoe, paddles, overnight camping gear, and up to four kids. This canoe is fast, stable enough and absolutely perfect for family trips. On occasion I have had four kids and another adult onboard for simple day trips. Do not get me wrong. This is an awesome expedition craft, but it’s portability, pack ability, and light weight also make it a serious family canoe as outlined above. Using European trains, we avoid traffic, have fun and eat up the miles. I take a bending branches twin blade paddle “Impression” with me for times when I am alone with a canoe load of kids, no adult to help and the wind is bullying me about. See my other review for a 170 in family scenario.