NRS Vapor PFD

by NRS

NRS Vapor PFD Description

Type III: The NRS Vapor PFD gives you the look, feel and performance of a high-end life jacket for a budget-friendly price. The soft foam flotation molds to your body for all-day comfort, and you'll love the hand warmer pouch and big front pocket.

NRS Vapor PFD Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the NRS Vapor PFD.

NRS Vapor PFD Specifications

200-denier nylon

• Entry and adjustment is easy. Just open the two side buckles, slip the jacket on and buckle up. Once adjusted, it fits right every time.
  • The soft foam wraps around your body and moves with you for "I forgot I had it on" comfort.
  • The action-cut design frees your arms for unrestricted paddling and rowing, and its light weight will never slow you down.
  • The chest zipper opens a huge pocket that covers the front of the jacket.
  • Behind the pocket is a roomy hand warmer pouch for chilly fingers.
  • Also includes a lash tab for your knife and reflective piping for low-light visibility.
  • This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
  • Design flotation: 16.5 lbs.

• Sport/Activity: Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand Up Paddling, Kayak Fishing

Where to Buy the NRS Vapor PFD

NRS
NRS Vapor PFD Reviews

Read reviews for the NRS Vapor PFD by NRS as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This PFD has great...

This PFD has great versatility and is comfortable. It is easy to put on and has adjustable straps in multiple spots to help you get the perfect fit. You put it on over your head and then buckle the 2 side clips. I love the pocket on it! It can fit a good amount of items in it and is somewhat waterproof

I've had my Vapor PFD for...

I've had my Vapor PFD for about two years now and really like it, so much so I figured I should submit a review. It is very comfortable and feels well made. The adjustments are simple but allow for a really nice custom fit. I am doing kayak touring so I wanted a simple PFD with a clean profile to make it easier to self rescue back into the kayak, and Vapor is exactly that. It does, however, have one zippered pocket and hand pockets so it does offer some convenience storage for several small items, but the pockets aren't bulky so they don't add extra external bulk to catch on anything while trying to reenter a kayak. I am 5'10" and of slim build and the small/medium is a great fit. Great PFD at a great price so I gave it a 10!

I have yet to find a...

I have yet to find a perfect PFD. All have something wrong. The Vapor is the best so far from the first paddle. I love the neoprene lining, it moves with my body and creates very little friction between the PFD and my body. The outer covering slid gently against my kayak seat, this left me with very little heat rash under the PFD. The side straps didn't shift and sit low on my chest so there was no underarm rubbing or chaffing. The foam is not too thick so it doesn't get in the way when paddling. It is sufficiently comfortable that I was not only willing to wear it the whole time I was out, but I was not in a hurry to get it off as soon as we got back to the ramp. Now the shortcomings.

I have a fairly short torso so I cannot tighten the waist straps effectively. The chest strap, at least on me, is sufficient to keep it in place so that is not a deal breaker. The neck area is a little high, I have to keep my chin up and look where I am going. That said, it does lie flat against my chest and it does not rub anywhere as long as I keep my chin up a little. If NRS were to lower the front top about 1 1/2 inches and shorten the entire torso about 2 inches this would quite possibly be a 10.
I will review again after some more use.