NRS Oso PFD Description
The NRS Oso PFD is a basic, medium profile life jacket for recreational kayakers and rafters with a ventilated, thin-back design for comfort with any type of seat.
Read and submit reviews for the NRS Oso PFD.
NRS Oso PFD Specs and Features
- Material Description: 400-denier ripstop nylon
- The Oso is a Type III, medium profile PFD delivering 16.5 lbs. of flotation
- The thin back construction distributes the PlushFit™ foam flotation more broadly to reduce bulk and improve the fit
- Five-panel design conforms effortlessly to your body's shape, following your movements as you paddle, row, fish or swim
- Features two large zippered pockets for on-the-water essentials, 3M® reflective accents, shoulder strap keepers and a hidden lash tab
- Convenient front, zippered entry and six adjustment points for a customized fit
- The Oso carries the US Coast Guard Certification through Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
NRS Oso PFD Reviews
My previous PFD was overkill…
My previous PFD was overkill for the day paddling/overnight touring which I did with my sea kayak. The bulk was reassuring, but that bulk detracted from the comfort of paddling and from optimum flexibility when practicing various kayaking skills.
With the OSO, I can wear my PFD continuously with no fuss and practice rolls, towing, and rescues with ease.
In addition, the reduced bulk makes stowage easy when the PFD is not being worn.
A fine product for its intended usage.