NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree

by NRS

NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree Description

Asymmetrical blade design, indestructible construction. Like the other PT paddles, this whitewater kayak paddle is built using the toughest materials available. The blade design pulls smoothly through the water without excessive flutter, and the shaft is indexed for easy control. Available with 45-degree feather and right-hand control only.

NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree.

NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree Specifications

• Weight (min, max): 42.00, 42.00 oz
  • Length (min, max): 197.00, 230.00 cm
  • Blade Dimensions (L × W): 43.00 × 18.00 cm
  • Blade Surface Area: 632 cm²
  • Shaft Material: Aluminum

High-density ABS and fiberglass blade and coated high-strength airplane grade aluminum shaft.

• Activity Type: Touring, Whitewater, River Running
  • Sport/Activity: Kayaking

Where to Buy the NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree

NRS
NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree Reviews

Read reviews for the NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree by NRS as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Game changer for a...

Game changer for a beginner or intermediate! Once I realized that my original paddle was too long, and that it was affecting my ability to learn/hold more advanced/new rolling techniques, I went looking for another paddle. I needed to be between 195 - 200 cm and had been looking at up to $250 to get the right one. Being my first full season in WW kayaking I didn't want to spend that much for a paddle, without having some practical experience. I have been pleasantly surprised with this paddle.

This is a great paddle for the beginner/intermediate kayaker. I immediately was able to get the set-up for my rolls down easier, and there is a noticeable difference in how I move. It is stiff and light- I've used it for the majority of this season and it's held up to everything I've beat it against. It still feels solid and nothing has loosened up at all.

I now know that white water paddles need to be shorter than for other kayaks.. so make sure you get the right size. I went with the old " fingertips should just be able to wrap over the end of the paddle" guide, and my rolls and techniques (as basic as they are) suffered. Once I went with a shorter paddle, and used the right height table - the difference was immediate. I am 5'-10" and I got the 200 cm.

NRS PTK Kayak Paddle 45 Degree