• MSRP

This Product Has Been Discontinued

Explorer LV Description

The Explorer LV is a kayak brought to you by Nigel Dennis Kayaks, Ltd.. Read Explorer LV reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Nigel Dennis Kayaks, Ltd.
Explorer LV Reviews

Read reviews for the Explorer LV by Nigel Dennis Kayaks, Ltd. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I love this boat. I have...

I love this boat. I have 3 kayaks, and this is my go-to boat for anything except the longest trips. It maneuvers easily with edging and proper strokes. I am on the taller end of its size range, so I removed the foot pegs, which would not accommodate me, and put a couple inches of closed cell foam on the forward bulkhead, where the forward part of my feet now rest, my knees comfortably hooked into the braces. I love the fit of the smaller cockpit, which makes the boat feel like an extension of my body. The forward hatch is bigger than the regular Explorer, and I hate boats without a day hatch. I have plenty of room for 2-3 week trips. This boat tours, surfs, and rock gardens, although the length can sometimes be limiting in tight spaces.