Win a Kayak

The Sportsman Description

Whether your prey is duck or trout, the 14' Sportsman is designed to a perfectly stable platform for all the hunting and/or fishing you can fit into the season. Another great boat designed by Tim Stewart. Order ahead of the season so you'll have it for Day #1. Call the shop to order a custom camouflage paint job or discuss other hunting/fishing hardware. Add approximately $550.

The Sportsman Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the The Sportsman.

The Sportsman Specifications

• Seating Configuration: Tandem
  • Length: 14'
  • Max Width: 38"
  • Waterline Width: 39"
  • Bow Depth: 19.5"
  • Center Depth: 12"
  • Primary Material: Fiberglass Composite

Fiberglass & Kevlar - two layers of fiberglass and one layer of kevlar to combine lightweight, stiff and durable construction with affordability.

The Sportsman Features

• Hull Shape: Shallow Arch
  • Side Shape: Tumblehome

• Aluminum Gunwales
  • Fiberglass bow and stern decks
  • Standard Canoe Seat
  • Optional Add-Ons: Ash gunwales, mahoghony bow & stern decks, Contoured canoe seats

• Activity Type: Fishing & Hunting
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip, 2-3 Day Trip
  • Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the The Sportsman

Lincoln Canoe and Kayak
The Sportsman Reviews

Read reviews for the The Sportsman by Lincoln Canoe and Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought this used late...

I bought this used late fall 2017 as a 'work boat'. I do surveying and sometimes need to get to an island or across a lake to get to another survey point and needed a light boat that I can handle alone. When this one came up for sale locally for the unbelievable price of $100 (OK, I ended up paying $200 after a little bidding war, but still an awesome bargain!), I had to check it out as the exterior foam reminded me of a Sportspal I had long ago. I haven't weighed it. The website says 65 pounds but it doesn't seem like it as I don't have a problem getting it on and off the top of my Suburban. I've had it out twice now and am completed amazed at how stable it is! Maybe I shouldn't be - after all, it is 38" wide. Paddling solo with 100 pounds of surveying equipment and materials, it moves very easily. This is a boat you want to take your grandkids out in... stable and safe with plenty of room for them to move around in. No problem overloading it... the tag says 800 pound capacity. I haven't had it in any wind but its a 'shallow' boat and I think you could (solo) keep it running straight in a quartering headwind. If you can find a decent one like I did for a reasonable price (like I did!), don't hesitate - grab it! Maybe a bit shorter than the 'norm' but I think this would also be a dandy camping/boundary waters boat.