Nomad high-top booties

Nomad high-top booties Description

The Nomad high-top booties is a accessory brought to you by Kokatat. Read Nomad high-top booties reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

Kokatat
Nomad high-top booties Reviews

Read reviews for the Nomad high-top booties by Kokatat as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

These boots are fabulous...

These boots are fabulous for launching a kayak or SUP in cold water bays, such as those in the Northwest, including Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands. I have never had a leak in the 6 months I've had them.

I was really bummed as I...

I was really bummed as I wanted these shoes to work. However, they are designed such that your foot has to be able to make a 90 degree turn to get in them. Mine could not.

I was also disappointed in that the gorgeous Kokatat brochure that came with my order prominently boasted Made in Arcata CA since 1971. But the first thing I saw on the Nomad box was MADE IN CHINA. In all fairness, when reading closer on Kokatat's website I found this:
"Yes, we do source items in Asia. But, only for products that do not have scalable infrastructure here in the US and to support our environmental commitment to Gaia® PVC free flotation foam for all our life vests, available exclusively through our Asian manufacturer."

These knee-high hard sole...

These knee-high hard sole booties offer good traction on wet grass and rocks. They are well made and sealed against leakage, also cooler than standard wet-suit booties and tall enough to prevent water from washing in over the tops when launching and landing, or even when you have to wade to drag a boat across sand or gravel bars. Size seems true -- the unisex size 7's fit me (womens size 8 1/2 or Euro 39) and they are roomy in the toebox.

I've found them comfortable even over bare feet for warm water paddling -- in colder conditions I will add wet suit socks inside. My feet have not noticeably sweat inside them on 80 degree days. The only potential drawback is they are a little bit of a struggle to pull on, not having any zippers. Someone with thicker or low flexibility ankles or with very muscular or plump calves might have fit problems with them, so try them on before committing to them.

Nomad high-top booties