Scout Description

The Scout is a accessory brought to you by Kelly Kettle. Read Scout reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

Kelly Kettle
Scout Reviews

Read reviews for the Scout by Kelly Kettle as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I researched stick stoves...

I researched stick stoves before I decided on the Kelly Kettle Scout in stainless steel. After experiencing several failures with my white gas stoves, I decided to go native and give a stick stove a chance. I'm very happy after one trip with the stove. It boils water very quickly and that's all I use it for. (I opted not to buy the accessory that allows a pot on top of the chimney). Using the North County's rocket fuel, birch bark, I had no problems lighting the stove. The chimney effect draws in enough oxygen for a blazing fire in seconds. Only downside: it is bulky, even in the smaller 'Scout' size.