InReach Explorer+

by Garmin

InReach Explorer+ Description

The InReach Explorer+ is a accessory brought to you by Garmin. Read InReach Explorer+ reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

Garmin
InReach Explorer+ Reviews

Read reviews for the InReach Explorer+ by Garmin as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have been very happy...

I have been very happy with this purchase, it is one of the more expensive items in the category but the features and subscription options make it very competitive. Even without an active subscription (I activated the device and chose a Freedom plan and have it suspended) the GPS works well and records my trips, so I can see how far I've paddled and can see on the map where I am. The lowest cost plan allows you to send unlimited preset messages that can have your location embedded to a list of recipients, and a limited number of free form text messages (10) a month. Most of where I paddle has good cell phone coverage, some places do not, on one trip after the second day of no coverage I had to hike 5 miles before finding an area with coverage so I could let my wife know we were safe and on schedule. Of course without cell tower coverage the GPS function on my phone wasn't working either. Yes, this is one of the more expensive devices out there, but without needing a separate GPS and the ability to tailor the satellite communication plans to what I need when I need it, this unit should prove to be a cheaper alternative over time. The included access to the Garmin Explore website, Mapshare, and the Earthmate app are additional features which will prove useful the more I use them.

InReach Explorer+