• 29.5" Width

Skimmer 140 Description

The Skimmer 140's touring style hull and Trylon construction allow it to easily outpace other kayaks in its class, and its low seat-pan and comfortable outfitting make you feel totally connected with the boat. Fully-featured from bow to stern with a generous front hatch, center day hatch, and stern day hatch, the Skimmer 140 is designed for serious paddling, and anglers will be overwhelmed by the outfitting opportunities this lightweight SOT has to offer. Featuring the Airestream seatback and new Skimmer cushpad, the Skimmer 140 will score high with customers desiring more hull speed and increased capacity in a lighter weight SOT package.

Available in Rudder Ready ($1,399) or With Rudder ($1,649)

Skimmer 140 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Skimmer 140.

Skimmer 140 Specifications

• Length: 14'
  • Width: 29.5"
  • Primary Material: Thermoform ABS Plastic

Skimmer 140 Features

• Cockpit Type: Sit on Top / Open Cockpit
  • Storage: Bow Hatch, Stern Hatch, Stern Tankwell, Day Hatch / Midship

• Rudder: Optional Smart Track Rudder with Sealect Designs gas pedal style foot control
  • Scuppers: 1 5/8-inch scuppers drain footwell & rear wells
  • Hatches - 5.5” Center, 5.5" Stern and 16" Bow: Storage compartment access
  • Rear Well Bungee: Deck storage for dry bag & gear
  • Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
  • Console w/cup holder: Holds water bottle & provides mounting for angler kit
  • Outfitting: AireStream seatback and new Skimmer Cushpad
  • Sealect Designs Footbrace system: Easy adjustment pinch & pull
  • Molded Grab Handleon Bow, Stern and Sides: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage
  • Stern Drain Plug: Simple hull drainage
  • Optional DLX Angler Package: Allows you to easily outfit your kayak with a variety of angler accessories

• Activity Type: Recreation, Touring
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Skimmer 140

Hurricane Kayaks
Skimmer 140 Reviews

Read reviews for the Skimmer 140 by Hurricane Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have been kayaking for...

I have been kayaking for over 20 years and have been paddling this SOT kayak for about the last 3-1/2 years. It tracks pretty well for only being 14 ft long. She responds well when you lean to either side for coarse corrections due to wind or waves, without having to change your paddling pace. With this capability there is no need to add the optional rudder. The boat is only 54 lbs. for easy lift on and off the car roof. This is a big deal for me with shoulder pains. The seat material squeaks some, and water stays in the seat area keeping your bottom wet. I carry a sponge so I don't sit in a puddle. The rest of the boat drains well. It's an easy boat to paddle. It's wide enough to be stable for getting in on out, yet narrow enough to paddle at a good pace due to it's small water area.

I bought a clearance 2015...

I bought a clearance 2015 Hurricane Skimmer 140 and I have loved it. I pieced together a rudder kit (I'm cheap) and added a couple of flush mount rod holders behind the seat. This kayak flies through the water, still going 3mph into a 16-20 mph headwind. Hull is very well designed and just rolls with the waves, minimal hull slap. Love how light it is for roof mounting on top of my SUV.

Not a kayak one stands and fishes in, but it will provide long range to areas that would wear other kayakers out trying to paddle to. Did add a gel cushion to sit on, otherwise my butt would get sore after several hours on the water.

Lovin' my Mango Hurricane!...

Lovin' my Mango Hurricane! I didn't want an 80 pound barge to paddle and fish from. I wanted to self load on my roof wherever I ended up. Couldn't find this yak in Kalifornia anymore. Amazon carries them! Amazing... they carry everything I think. Appomattox River Company was the seller so I went to there site. They had a clearance sale on the Mango 140 Skimmer I wanted. Less than a week later the cargo truck delivers from Virginia. Been in love ever since.

Looks terrific! Paddles great, smooth and fast. Tracks great too. Seat is very comfortable for several hours. I don't get wet unless I want to.
52 pounds. Loads dang easy. I can lift it over my head at age 59. Sweet deal.

Just started fishing with it and am slowly adding a few options for that. Take a look and see what you think.

Got this to use because it...

Got this to use because it was lighter than my Jackson Coosa. Great boat for larger paddler. Good secondary stability, the proprietary pressure molded plastic performs similar to fiberglass or kevlar.

Purchased the Skimmer 140...

Purchased the Skimmer 140 last year. No problem with keeping up with other kayaks of the same length, tracks well.. both of which are not the norm for SOTs. This boat is a blast in ocean or lake, the bigger the wave, the more fun the ride. I have lots of other kayaks, but this one is fantastic for exercise, fun to get off and back on and is pretty light for a sot of this length, weighs far less than my Tarpon and is easy to load onto my car. If you're looking for a non confined ride that's pretty comfy for a few hours, look no further...at least take it out for a demo.