Angler 12 Description

The Heritage Angler 12' Sit-On-Top Kayak is designed with a vertical rod holder in front of the paddler and 2 recessed, flush-mount rod holders behind the seat to offer a variety of fishing positions.

The kayak also features small and large storage compartments and a stern tank to hold your valuables while you fish, while the back band allows you to stand upright. Paddle clip.

Angler 12 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Angler 12.

Angler 12 Specifications

• Cockpit Type: Sit on Top / Open Cockpit
  • Hull Shape: V-Bottom
  • Chine: Soft
  • Storage: Bow Hatch, Stern Tankwell

• Constructed of polyethylene plastic for durability
  • Back band allows you to stand upright
  • Vertical rod holder in front of the paddler and 2 recessed, flush-mount rod holders behind the seat
  • Small and large storage compartments and a stern tank
  • Paddle Clip (Not Shown)

• Activity Type: Fishing & Hunting, Kayak Fishing
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child, Average Adult

Where to Buy the Angler 12

Heritage Kayaks
Angler 12 Reviews

Read reviews for the Angler 12 by Heritage Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have had my angler 12...

I have had my angler 12 for about 3 years now. I absolutely love it! it has never failed to get me where I need to go. I have fished lakes and ponds throughout most of south east Texas as well as the surf. very stable kayak, I love the flat bottom gets me in the shallow tight stops. I added an new seat, crate and fish finder. I would strongly suggest this for a beginner or avid kayak fisherman.

I have owned a Heritage...

I have owned a Heritage Angler 12 for over 3 yrs. it has been a very reliable kayak and fishing platform for me. I have fished in rivers, ponds, lakes, bays, marshes and in open Gulf of Mexico waters in this kayak. It has never let me down. Over the years i did add a seat pad for comfort, an anchor trolley, milk crate, GPS/fish finder. It allows me to catch everything from tarpon to bream.

Purchased this new last...

Purchased this new last fall at a killer price ($299 on sale, MSRP is 749.99). This is equivalent to the Heritage Redfish 12, but without a seat bottom, and a smaller front hatch. For a starter fishing kayak, I have no complaints. Also bought wife an Old Town Vapor 10 Angler (also $299) and son a Heritage Featherlight 9'6" Angler ($249). Basically saved around $800 over regular prices.

Anyhow, it holds my 250# self, plus tackle, without fail. It tracks fine, it's slower than the other 2 (sit-ins, mine is sit-on-top), and as I paddle it "waggles" a bit, but it gets me where I'm going without any fuss. Included an anchor kit, scotty rod holder in front, 2 inset rod holders behind the seat, and a rear hatch. I ordered a "hatch cup" that fit in the back hatch (5 or 6"?), and gives me plenty of room for my wallet and cell phone in a waterproof bag, and could put a bit more (maybe 1.5 liters total volume?) It didn't cost too much to add from ACK I think, maybe $20? Also has a paddle keeper (snap-in style, not the best for this kayak, but it does work). Bungees across stern well, which is large enough, and has insets for, a bucket, or milk crate, with more room behind those.

Complaints: small foot pegs (I have large feet) lead to hot-spots on my feet (wearing water shoes), and no seat pad (but has screws to secure one of the many options out there). Seat back pad included is short, for my 6'2" height, but it mostly works.

I'd say adding a $50 seat, and replacing the kayak feet tracks (which are fine, just don't like the small pegs) with a nicer set like the Sea-Lect for their much larger pads(about $35-40 online), and for about $100 over original price and hundreds less than a Redfish 12, and even more than that saved over similar models (Pescador for instance) , I've got a nice kayak that I'm totally happy with.