Feelfree Kayak, USA
We bought this SOT to tote…
1. Instead of plastic seat/thigh brace attachment points, FeelFree molds stainless steel bars at well place points along the gunnels.
2. This SOT can be set up for tandem or solo, which is great when I want to take it out for some fishing or play in the surf.
3. For an SOT this size & not designed for surfing, it is a fun beefy kayak to take in the surf, tandem or solo.
4. Two "dry" hatches logically place for access in a tandem or solo setup. Hatches stay dry for average paddling, but will take on some water when playing in the surf.
5. The rear wheel is a great addition, which allows for one person portage to and from the water.
6. The molded in side handles bow, amidships, and stern are well done, especially the placement of the side handles at the amidships.
This was a great purchase for family use as it serves a multipurpose of group family adventures, surf play boat, and rudimentary fishing kayak.
The Corona is a great boat…
I bought this today for use…
All in all a great buy. The wheel in the keel is a bonus when you have kids who can't carry it with you. It's too heavy to lift on and off the roof rack but I roped a passer-by into helping. The storage on this thing is great. Huge capacity, stable, agile.
Overall a great addition to the family!
I purchased this as something…
My first use of the kayak was by myself in the single user configuration. I hated it! It was hard to handle, didn't track well and all in all not a fun experience. But I gave it another shot, but this time in the tandem mode with my son. It was like getting into a race car. This thing needs the weight. Just with him sitting in it, I was able to paddle it easier and faster than by myself. Now if I'm alone, I put a cooler full of river water in the bow just to weight it down and paddle from the rear.
This is a good kayak for single use to haul gear and an awesome one to go tandem. I have found the more weight the better. Seems weird, but that's the way I like it. and the best part is me and my son are having fun together with it for very little money invested.