Navigator 100

• 30.5" Width
  • $ 699 MSRP

Navigator 100 Description

The Navigator 100 sit-on fishing kayak has everything an angler needs for a relaxing day on the water. Fishing enthusiasts will experience the comfortable seating system with high back support and no shift bottom. The Navigator 100 offers two large clamshell hatches, rear storage well with mesh netting and sealed ditty trays giving you plenty of room for your gear. Attach your favorite fishing gear to the YakAttack mounts. Other convenience features include one swivel and two flush mount fishing rod holders, adjustable foot brace system, drain plug, four cushioned carrying handles, deck lines, two paddle holders and self-bailing system.

Navigator 100 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Navigator 100.

Navigator 100 Specifications

• Length: 10'
  • Width: 30.5"
  • Primary Material: Polyethylene Plastic

Navigator 100 Features

• Cockpit Type: Sit on Top / Open Cockpit

• Activity Type: Recreation, Fishing & Hunting, Kayak Fishing
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Navigator 100

Evoke Kayaks
Navigator 100 Reviews

Read reviews for the Navigator 100 by Evoke Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Great little kayak for fishing!

I've had SEVERAL kayaks - ocean touring 18 footers, whitewater playboats, creek boats, and some fishing yaks. I've owned boats from Piranha, Necky, Riot, Old Town, Heritage, Perception, Jackson, Dagger, Wilderness Systems, and some others. This Evoke Navigator is an exceptionally outfitted fishing kayak with good manners on the water, good stability (for a 10 footer), nimble in tight turns, and very nice hull thickness (for worry-free use in rocky areas like ours). I bought one for my son - as an affordable kayak to start fishing in. I liked his so much I bought myself one! I can fit 4 (maybe 5) of them in the back of my standard 8' bed pickup.

I did paddle the Navigator 100 a couple years ago - and the new hull design (2017) seems a bit more stable than the old ones. I can fish standing up in this one...although it's a little cramped on footspace.

All in all, I don't think there's a better value for a 10' fishing boat out there. I did replace the bungee line with better stuff (I'm picky) - but other than that, it comes outfitted very well. I weigh 195 - the boat seems like it could handle a much bigger paddler.

Not a good boat

I've been kayaking the lakes, creeks, and rivers of PA for about 13 years, and this was my third kayak. I thought I was getting a deal, but this kayak is actually very poorly designed and built.

Performance: Your seating position is very high, so its horrendously tippy. Ok for flat water, but fast water and rapids are just scary in this boat.
It tracks surprisingly straight for a 10' kayak, but when you want to turn, it really resists. Making a 180 degree turn in a creek takes a lot of work.
It's also pretty slow, though, I don't think you can expect much cruise speed from a 10 footer.

Design & Build: It weights much more than a 10' kayak has any right to weigh, though the hull does seem to be very durable.
The seat is comfortable for a few hours at most.
The whole inside of the boat is one big storage compartment accessed by a hatch in front of the seat, and at the prow. It's an interesting design feature, but the hatches are too small to fit anything big. A small dry bag or two is all you can get in there. The compartment also leaks like crazy. I took things apart and found a half dozen places for water to get in. I went at it with silicone, but the water still gets in. The main fault is the hatches, which seal very poorly.

Nit-picking about Features:
--The cupholder takes on water (water comes up through the scupper holes in all conditions) so your drink quickly goes luke warm.
--Mine came with a fishing rod holder that fits into a hole way up in front by your feet. It's out of reach (so is the cupholder actually), and a useless piece of junk anyway. The fishing rod holes at the back are not bad though.
--It came with these little plastic pocket things that snap to the sides by your thighs. The Evoke website calls them "sealed ditty trays", but they aren't sealed, and they aren't useful for any purpose I can think of.

Conclusion:
Those of you with good balance, and strong arms may find this boat acceptable for short trips on flat water. Say, afternoon fishing in a lake. Those of you who take longer trips, boat on rougher water, or require dry storage and cold drinks; pick a different kayak.