Nitro Description

The Nitro is a canoe brought to you by Esquif Canoes. Read Nitro reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you!

Esquif Canoes
Nitro Reviews

Read reviews for the Nitro by Esquif Canoes as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This is a fantastic oc-1...

This is a fantastic oc-1 boat. It holds up to wear and tear well.

What I love most about this oc-1 boat is how easy transport is. It can be put on a rack like other boats, or even fit in most cars. Taking it to the put-in is also easy enough, as it can be carried by a solo boater.

Additionally, this is one of the few traditional-styled canoes that I've seen fellow paddlers roll. While I personally am still working on rolling the Nitro, it certainly can be done.

I love the boat, it's...

I love the boat, it's stable in rough water even if the paddler isn't. It's fine for any whitewater I've ever been in, but is seems best for a beginning through intermediate whitewater paddler because the stability is a slight trade-off to agility. That said, it's a fun ride.
I do have the electric bilge pump setup, which makes my friends laugh at me (until I don't have to bail).