• 38.5" Width

Heron Description

The Heron is a canoe brought to you by Esquif Canoes. Read Heron reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you!

Esquif Canoes
Heron Reviews

Read reviews for the Heron by Esquif Canoes as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This canoe is ideal for...

This canoe is ideal for fishing on lakes and can comfortably handle waves up to .5m.It is stable,roomy,maintenance free and above all durable.You never have to worry if you hit a rock or a shoal as it will slide right off with only cosmetic damage. I run this boat with a 2.5HP suzuki outboard and transport it on a trailex boat trailer. It is the ideal set-up for an old guy like me who likes being on the water but doesn't want to struggle with paddling,portaging or launch ramps anymore.It is light enough(69lb) that I can launch it anywhere and even if I were to run into engine problems,I can easily paddle it back.I put a handle extension on the tiller and my wife made a wide seat cushion which allows me a more comfortable seating position while motoring.I've owned a wide variety of canoes and aluminium motor boats but at this stage of my life,the esquif heron is as close to perfection as I can get.

I have been paddling...

I have been paddling canoes/kayaks for 33 years, sea-touring, white water, calm lakes and rivers; owned many different boats and materials. My most missed boat - the Esquif Heron. Loaded or not, moves well, motor or human powered. handled solo just fine. I am looking for another, just wish a local dealer would pick these boats up again, well worth the money, An awesome multi purpose craft.

Bought the Esquif Heron...

Bought the Esquif Heron Camo off a friend, and this is my very first canoe and never been canoeing before, i bought this mainly for fishing with my son.
I love this canoe so much, easy to paddle, handle well, lots of room for fishing gears. He also put a trolling motor when fishing.
Just past weekend we were able to conquer the big wave on the lake, it handles well and stable, i will not worry about the durability of the canoe, it's Royalex. You pay what you get.
Highly recommended
Will pass this on to my son and the generations.

Similar Canoes for You: