Win a Kayak

Wasatch Description

The Wasatch is a canoe brought to you by Emotion Kayaks, Inc.. Read Wasatch reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you!

Emotion Kayaks, Inc.
Wasatch Reviews

Read reviews for the Wasatch by Emotion Kayaks, Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Brother-in-law bought us the wrong canoe - So glad he did! My sister…

Brother-in-law bought us the wrong canoe - So glad he did!

My sister and I had been wanting to purchase a canoe since we live in the Baltimore Area and can launch in our own back yard at multiple public boat launches in the tributaries off the Chesapeake Bay. We were going to buy the sundolphin that has the built-in cooler and flat back for a trolling motor, however, my brother in law offered to go pick it up from Dicks just after Mem. Day weekend and mistakenly brought this one home!

At first we were upset, but then realized that our prayers had been answered - we love the canoe! My sister was initially fearful of falling in the water, ( she can't swim very well ) however, after we took it out the first time we discovered that it is extremely stable = no fear of tipping! She doesn't even wear her lifejacket. (but it's in the boat per law). And this was in somewhat choppy salt water off Chesapeake Bay, not calm lake water.

The seat backs are a godsend (I am 53, my sister is 50 and a cancer survivor) and the length is great at 13 ft - no need to put it on the roof, we ratchet it to our 6 foot pick up truck bed using 2-3 ratchet straps. No problem. Travelled 3 hours to Ocean City, MD and back, then 3 hours to Lake Anna in VA, again, no problem, and we had to travel down I95 and around the DC Beltway! We even added the dog to that canoe trip! What a blast! Just be sure to flag the rear of the canoe for safety when transporting it.

Yes, it is a tad heavy at 94 lbs, but we are fairly big strong girls, we can manage it. It helps to be able to launch close to where you park the truck, although the wheel does help to maneuver it for short distances. The cup holders need to be deeper. I am going to try to jerry rig a more stable cup holder. We don't fish and can't comment on the rod holders.

We want to add a salt water trolling motor and will add comment after purchasing one and trying it out.

I had been checking craigslist for months and I couldn't find used ones for less than this one cost new! This canoe is a great buy for the money! Buy it, go out and have fun with your family/loved ones! Use it often - don't let it sit in the garage - LIFE is TOO SHORT !

We bought two Emotion...

We bought two Emotion Wasatch Canoes in Spring 2015 for family fun activities. We have never been canoeing before and found the canoes to be stable and comfortable with real seats that have backs. They track very well and are easy to paddle. We have attached electric trolling motors and the battery fits in the back.

We have done multiple fishing trips with coolers and fishing gear in the middle. We canoe in fresh water lakes, the Florida Intracoastal, and Fort. George's inlet. We use 220cm kayak paddles, which work very well. There is also room for a golden retriever in the front.

Good stable canoe. The...

Good stable canoe. The seats are comfortable for several hours on the water. Very easy to maneuver with one person or two. One fall back is that the cup holders are not deep enough so drinks do not stay upright. A little on the heavy side for 1 person to handle at 96lbs but it can be done. The skeg wheel is a nice feature as long as you are on concrete but grass or gravel not so much.

I would definitely recommend this canoe to someone new to canoeing just for the stability.