Win a Kayak

Equinox GTS Description

The Equinox GTS is the new, smaller sister to the Solstice GTS. Nimble, efficient and straight tracking are just some of the highlights you’ll experience. Smaller paddlers will appreciate this compact kayak on evening tours and long weekend excursions. The user-friendly key-hole cockpit and complete outfitting make the Equinox GTS ready for your next adventure.

Equinox GTS Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Equinox GTS.

Equinox GTS Specifications

• Length: 16'
  • Width: 22"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 30.00 × 16.50"
  • Deck Height: 13.25"

• Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child, Average Adult

Where to Buy the Equinox GTS

Current Designs Kayaks
Equinox GTS Reviews

Read reviews for the Equinox GTS by Current Designs Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought this kayak about...

I bought this kayak about a month ago. Just to give a little information about myself. I have paddle the Impex force 3 at 17 ft long and 20.5 wide and the skim Dex 16 ft long. I also paddle the stellar SES, Think fit, stellar SEL, and Huki S1-Z, Huki S2-X, and ICF Delphanie. I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs.

I have had a hard time finding a sea kayak for light weight paddlers, but this kayak fits the bill. I'm able to take 20 mph winds/waves on the side and hold my line without much difficulty. Normally, I skip across the top of the water and I have to drive the kayak on an angle to get some where. It also holds its position well with waves and wind in front or behind. I love how well it holds its position in wind and waves.

Kayak is made well and I love how they do the bulkheads, but getting in and out of them is a little more time consuming. It is compared to the solistice GTS as the little sister. It would be more accurate to say fat sister. I wish they would have narrowed the front and back a little and maintain the fish form of the Solistice.

If you are looking for speed, this is not your boat. I can maintain 4-5.2 with a lot of effort. It does not have the glide of the Impex force 3 or Skim Dex which I could maintain speeds of 4.5-5.5 with less effort.

Conclusion - If you are looking for a really nice kayak that has really good control and handles weather really well for a light weight paddler, this is your boat. As of speed, it's a dud.