Tundra Tarps Description
Setting up a nylon rainfly just right brings that feeling of comfort and security to a campsite, making it feel like home. In addition to being light weight and strong, CCS nylon rainflys are designed to give maximum flexibility in set-up to match every campsite. All CCS tarps are now sewn utilizing 1.1 oz or 1.9 oz silicone coated nylon. Sil-nylon is lighter weight yet provides more than twice as much tear strength when compared to 1.9 oz urethane coated nylon. The Tundra Tarps come in a variety of sizes & colors to fit just about any campsite. 1.1 oz tarps are available in 6 sizes ranging from 8'x10' ($142) to 15'x15' ($480). 1.9 oz tarps are available in 8 sizes ranging from 8'x10' ($99) to 15'x15' ($229).
Read and submit reviews for the Tundra Tarps.
Tundra Tarps Specs and Features
- Material Description: Silicone coated nylon
- Every CCS Tundra Tarp comes with 80 feet of 450 lb test polyester cord and SilNet seam sealer
- Seams are sewn with nylon thread, single needle lockstitched with double stitched lapped ends
- Pack cloth reinforcement in center with quad loops for securing center pole
- 3/4" nylon tape edges with nylon taped loops spaced every 20-24" along outer edges and along each interior seam
- All CCS Tundra Tarps come with Stuff Sacks
Cooke Custom Sewing
Tundra Tarps Reviews
We've used the 15'x15' Tundra…
I have used a Cookes 10x10…
What a tarp! Small Craft Warnings were posted by NOAA for three days of our trip, and the Big Guy kept us dry and comfortable. It is large enough to allow me to sneak my backpacking tent underneath adjacent to the table, making for dry transitions from after-dinner socializing to snug sleeping quarters. Dan Cooke had recommended seam-sealing only the center pole patch, and his advice was good. No seepage was noted from any seam, and the only moisture to enter was via wind-blown spray.
Why a nine? It doesn't set itself up in the rain. Other than that, this is as close to perfection as any piece of camping gear can come.