Bilbao Description

The BIC Sport Bilbao is a versatile kayak that will suit beginners and experienced kayakers alike. Whether you’re paddling for sport, exploring, diving or having a quick paddle with the kids, the quality of its design makes all activities possible with comfort and ease. The fluid hull shape provides a nice smooth ride, while the deck shape and quality extras allow you to carry almost any load with optimum stability and guaranteed safety. Its size and reduced weight make it easy to stow and transport.

Bilbao Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Bilbao.

Bilbao Specifications

• Length: 9' 10"
  • Width: 31"
  • Primary Material: Polyethylene Plastic

Tough TST thermoformed construction to ensure maximum usage in maximum safety

Bilbao Features

• Cockpit Type: Sit on Top / Open Cockpit

• Highly versatile kayak (excursions, exploration, fitness, snorkelling/harpooning) equally well adapted to beginners and experts
  • Super-safe and stable THD hull design (similar to a tri-maran) with fine profiled tips for excellent water penetration and glide
  • Elasticated, easy-access forward storage net
  • Wide rear storage area with integral elasticated straps for carrying more equipment
  • Triple-level moulded foot rests to suit all sizes of paddler
  • Removable rear bumper/protector with integral roller for easy transportation, even solo
  • Anti-slip bow and stern carry handles
  • Ergonomic anti-slip seats
  • Integral survival lines make getting back on board simple
  • Replaceable forward stem protector helps extend the kayak’s life
  • Solo kayak (+ passenger space for a child)

• Activity Type: Recreation, Touring
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Bilbao

BIC Sport
Bilbao Reviews

Read reviews for the Bilbao by BIC Sport as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I've had a Bilbao for...

I've had a Bilbao for about ten years. It's a really stable, run-about style kayak. Not really suitable for long cruises, but this boat is perfect for puttering about in creeks, bays, and slow rivers. I like how stable it is, and how easy it is to get in and out. The flat surface behind the seat is good for a small amount of equipment, but I think it would have been better if it was recessed for more gear. (I think the fishing model has this.) The little wheel in the stern makes it easy for one person to maneuver, although it is a little heavy for one person to lift on a roof.

A nice kayak to test whether you like kayaking or not

I bought this boat since living only 50m from the shore of a bay and thought a water hobby would be nice. I am overall happy with it, quite stable and rather faster than expected. Easy to manouveur and really safe feeling.

Overall a nice kayak to test whether you like kayaking or not. If you do, go to something like sit in, easier to carry and faster.

I have a BIC Bilbou and I...

I have a BIC Bilbou and I love it. The front wheel makes launching and removing so easy, which is what a was looking for since I normally kayak alone or meet people on the water. It tracks good. I've used it on lakes, rivers and the Chesapeake Bay, never had any problems. The seat is comfortable, and I did add a backrest.

I always wanted a kayak...

I always wanted a kayak after a venture to Maine. I vowed to not leave Cape Cod without a kayak on top of my car. I found a BIC sit on top and bought it. Perfect for fishing since you can put your tackle in between your feet and dangle your legs over on the water. Pretty heavy so need two people to carry but worth it.

This is a good beginners...

This is a good beginners all round boat. Easy to paddle stable and tracks quite well. It has some nice features, a wheel at the back of the hull, to aid moving round. The seat is great with many nice design features. The weight is low which is good. The only down side is the plastic is thin so care needed at all times

I just purchased a used...

I just purchased a used Bilboa last week and took it out for a test paddle. In brief - I would recommend this kayak. It's great fun, stable, tracks well, handles nicely and sliced through choppy water.

The molded seat was comfortable but would be perfect with some extra cushioning. I had enough leg and storage space. As an extra bonus it also stayed pretty dry and has a wheel to make portage easy.

The only drawback - a minor one - was that this kayak is slightly cumbersome loading on to my car roof. I'm 5'10" and it was a bit of a challenge on my own but ok in the end. Besides that, the Bilboa performed great and I would highly recommend it.

The Bic Sport Bilbao is a...

The Bic Sport Bilbao is a fun kayak. It's very stable and tracks straighter than other kayaks I've tried in this size range (Mainstream Jazz, Wilderness Systems Riot, Ocean Kayak Scrambler). We've had it on various lakes and took it out on open ocean off Long Beach, CA, last weekend. It performed quite well in fairly choppy surf with 2-4 foot swells and a pronounced rip current. It's comfortable, surprisingly fast, and responds quickly to different paddle strokes. I'd recommend the Bilbao to anyone looking for a fun, light-weight, good tracking and quick little kayak. Plus the wheel on the stern is a GREAT feature!