Loyak Water Shoes - Women's

by Astral

Loyak Water Shoes - Women's Description

The Loyak Water Shoes - Women's is a accessory brought to you by Astral. Read Loyak Water Shoes - Women's reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

Astral
Loyak Water Shoes - Women's Reviews

Read reviews for the Loyak Water Shoes - Women's by Astral as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Great water shoes that...

Great water shoes that don't look ridiculous when worn away from the beach/river/etc, they look like cute canvas sneakers. I have been known to run in them when I want to have a swim along the way (I would only recommend doing this if you are used to running in fairly minimal shoes...incidentally these are zero-drop which I really appreciate). Very comfortable and stay on well. They don't stay full of water after stepping into it, because of the drainage holes. They do, however, tend to get sand in them, but I think the only way around that issue is for the shoes to come up past the ankle and then they aren't as cool and comfy. I find myself sometimes wearing thin socks with them just to avoid the abrasiveness of the sand that gets in, and that helps.

Surrounded by the Great...

Surrounded by the Great Lakes and Michigan's many inland lakes, my launch and takeout sites are for the most party sandy, sometimes with a bit of gravel. First shoes I used were Keens. Thick and bulky, they filled up with sand. Had to take them off to dump the sand. I hate sandy shoes. Then I tried using my original Teva sandals. Easy to dump sand, but the straps were either too tight or too loose and made my feet cramp. Nor is it a good shoe to wear in colder water. Next was a pair of J-41 water shoes, which worked for a while until the elastic cord on the right shoe weakened and the shoe would slip off my foot. They also took two days to dry and did accumulate sand.

Then Astral Loyaks came on the market.
I love this shoe. It has drainage in the sole, toe, and heel. Great flexibility, quick drying nylon upper, and a wonderful, supportive sole. I wear a pair of lightweight SmartWool micro socks with my Loyaks and while a tiny amount of sand may get in, I never feel it. Best of all, it's a laced shoe so there are no pressure points because of straps and my feet are always comfortable. Stains and dirt are easily washed away and the shoes don't get stinky. When I wear them out, I'll buy another pair. They're that great.

Loyak Water Shoes - Women's