Chelan HB 1

Chelan HB 1 Description

Chelan™ HB is designed for touring, adventure and all-around use. The long waterline, flat rocker and fine, piercing bow provide outstanding tracking ability and outstanding glide to cover long distances with ease. Chelan™ HB boats combine tough Duratex™ tube construction with the supremely rigid Hard-Bottom™ floor for an expedition-grade boat that will last for many years. Top-notch durability and performance for any adventure. The Chelan™ HB One is a one-person boat for performance-oriented recreational touring and all-around use.

Chelan HB 1 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Chelan HB 1.

Chelan HB 1 Specifications

• Adjustable air cushion
  • High backrest
  • Plentiful mesh storage pockets
  • Integrated fishing-rod holders
  • Fore and aft seat straps
  • High-performance fin system includes stiff, foiled fin with unique quick-release for easy setup
  • Convenient backpack travel bag included

• Activity Type: Recreation, Fishing & Hunting, Kayak Fishing
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip, 2-3 Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Chelan HB 1

Aquaglide
Chelan HB 1 Reviews

Read reviews for the Chelan HB 1 by Aquaglide as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I began a search for an...

I began a search for an inflatable two years ago. I wanted a boat that would pack small enough to fit in a reasonable size car top cargo box. for extended travel. It folds to 25x9x21. I discovered the Aquaglide line and was impressed with the drop-stitch construction claims about the hull rigidity bow the Chelan HB 1. It inflates to around 6psi and is as rigid as any inflatable paddle board, easily holding my standing weight..

I am 6',#210, and the boat tracks well with the 7" detachable skeg and scoots along better than I thought it would. I do add about 10 lbs in the bow to help a slight zig zag. I come from about six years of sea kayaking at about an intermediate level with a 17' WS Tempest. I realized I could not get into as shallow water as the Tempest with its retractable skeg. This took some bumping into logs to develop a feel for the skeg. which is actually a bit awkward to install and remove, and probably something best not done after enjoyment of an adult beverage.

At 36" wide, I discovered I could not use my Greenland paddle, which I had grown fond of. Either you need to use a quite long paddle for low angle technique, or go to more high angle stroke. I use a 215cm, high angle paddle, which works fine.

The boat is so rigid I discovered it travels very well upside down on my car rack when inflated. With the rocker design of the hull it rides well aerodynamically. Properly strapped down, I have gone on the highway with it with no issues. I leave it inflated in J-racks in the garage. It does not lose pressure. I check inflation every few months.

The seating system is nice to use and very adjustable to suit the paddler, same with the foot rest. The partially enclosed bow and stern are also nice. It nicely manufactured. No issues with the quality.