Sting Ray Carbon

Sting Ray Carbon Description

The Sting Ray Carbon has mid-sized blades (87 sq. inches) made of abX resin reinforced with carbon fibers. Couple that with its all-carbon shaft, and this paddle weighs in at just 28.75 ounces, the lightest flat water injection molded kayak paddle available under $200. This gives the Sting Ray Carbon a low swing weight and makes for a more comfortable journey. The Sting Ray Carbon has two ferrule options. In addition to a snug 3-hole snap-button ferrule (0° to 60°, L and R feathering angles), this paddle also offers the Posi-Lok® ferrule system which clicks into position firmly and securely.

Sting Ray Carbon Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Sting Ray Carbon.

Sting Ray Carbon Specifications

• Sport/Activity: Kayaking

Where to Buy the Sting Ray Carbon

Aqua-Bound
Sting Ray Carbon Reviews

Read reviews for the Sting Ray Carbon by Aqua-Bound as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Wanted to upgrade from the...

Wanted to upgrade from the basic aluminum paddle that came with my starter kayaks. Did alot of looking around and reading reviews and finally settled on the Aqua Bound carbon shaft. I wanted lightweight and good quality without breaking the bank. I like that these paddles are available in a smaller diameter. That feature along with varied lengths and the light weight make for a much more comfortable day on the lake or river.

Since I started kayaking,...

Since I started kayaking, I have periodically upgraded my paddle as my skills and knowledge advanced. This is my fourth paddle but I am stopping here. The 2-piece Sting Ray Carbon with Posi-Lok (230 cm) is lightweight, solid and stable. No ill-fitting connection or flimsy button to push. Not ridiculously priced, either. I am very pleased with this paddle and recommend it.

I used this paddle for...

I used this paddle for years and was very happy with it. I have since moved on rho the Werner Shuna since I am a high angle paddler.

I've used this paddle for...

I've used this paddle for over 2 years now. I'm 6'3" in a 25 inch width boat and I'm using a 230cm paddle with a touring boat.

In the time I've had this paddle, I have had issues with foot wear, the seat of the boat, and the weather but the paddle has never crossed my mind. It is light weight with no flex. After hours of paddling, lifting the paddle isn't a problem.

I've encountered sandy bottoms, rocky bottoms, concrete boat ramps, and tree stumps but the paddle shows no wear, nicks, or dings.

The posi-lock feature that allows for feathering the paddle has proven itself very useful when dealing with significant headwinds decreasing aerodynamic drag while pushing into oncoming waves.

For low angle paddling, this strong but lightweight paddle is hard to beat. I would recommend it.