AntiX Large

AntiX Large Description

The AntiX Large is a kayak brought to you by Jackson Kayak. Read AntiX Large reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Jackson Kayak
AntiX Large Reviews

Read reviews for the AntiX Large by Jackson Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

The large Antix has been a...

The large Antix has been a phenomenal boat for me. I got into an Antix out of my old 4fun and it's been great. The Antix in my personal opinion is one of the easiest boats I've owned to roll no matter what river class I find myself in. Creeking in the Antix is effortless but exciting thanks to the spicy stern it also likes to stop and surf in the players along the way much like my old 4fun but the Antix with it's voluminous bow makes it's way down the creek with less effort. I also attended 1 downriver race in it and it performed very well. Overall I think the Antix is a great boat and i couldn't be happier with it's build quality and performance.

While the promo videos...

While the promo videos feature many playboat moves, that’s not really my thing. So, this is written from the viewpoint of a more average whitewater paddler.

I like speed, maneuverability, surfing and a few basic play moves. This boat fills the bill, for the most part. It will cut and run with some of the best and surfs like a demon with enough edge to carve with ease. Compared to some of the low-volume stern playful boats that have come back into vogue, the tail isn’t that grabby, probably because the underside is slightly convex. The kayak practically rolls itself. It’s a flat out fun boat to paddle.

It’s fast enough. Many comparison reviews line it up against the Braaap, Mullet, Axiom and Ripper, but I think it’s a different kind of boat and gives away too much in the way of dimensions to match up in speed. What you give up there, you make up in versatility and, thanks in part to the shape of the stern, predictability.

I’ve always been a fan of the Fun and this is kind of like that with a high volume bow to get you through the heavier stuff. Or, if you recall the Fun Runner, it’s a lot like that with more play in it. It’s a kayak you can paddle on many types of rivers and creeks and have fun doing it.

Downsides? Some might find the knee position a bit low and uncomfortable. The plastic has a somewhat dull finish and is thinner than I’d like.

For the beginner, it’s a kayak you can be comfortable with and have a lot of room to grow. For higher skilled paddlers, it’s pretty much a do-it-all, enabling you to run anything (except the highest class) and have a lot of fun along the way.

This has been a great boat...

This has been a great boat for me. I just started whitewater with classes over the winter. The AntiX is easy to roll, stable, and a blast to get in and out of eddys. It has helped my progression a lot!